July 11, 2017
I enjoyed reading this wonderful success story describing LifePoint Health‘s journey to significantly reduce its C. Diff and MDRO HAI infection rates.
Some lessons from the article:
* Standardized cleaning tasks and inspection checks are paramount
* Education is more than just training; EVS staff must understand why cleaning per protocol matters
* A true partnership among Infection Prevention, EVS, and Nursing departments is required
* There is no silver bullet to HAI infection reduction
* True reduction efforts take years to create meaningful, sustainable changes
Where are you on your journey?
Link to the Infection Control Today article here.